Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Happy Birthday...



My very good friend, Holly, who lives in the Netherlands, gave me the sweetest present...a gift certificate to Papertreyink..so I ordered several things, among them, Botanical Blocks. Love this set and wish there were more flowers! It has a sunflower and a rose and I felt they were just made for watercoloring. This one was incredibly easy and fun...

I only used 3 distress markers, Worn Lipstick, Crush Olive and Tumbled Glass...have I told you how much I love these markers? Easy to use, easy to watercolor with, easy, easy and did I mention easy? hahaha...I stamped the image on Strathmore 140lb cold press watercolor paper in Ranger Archival black ink, colored a petal with Worn Lipstick then took my waterbrush and brought the color out on each petal. It's pretty random because those petals are rather tiny! Did the same thing with the leaves using Crushed Olive and finally did some coloring with Tumbled Glass around the flower image. Awesome (said in my best sing song voice...)

The sentiment is from the same set, stamped in Archival black ink. I popped the image up with 3m foam tape (I need to buy that stuff in bulk...)

And that's it, all there is to it. Have I told you my story about trying to order the whole set of markers from Amazon? Truly wasn't Amazon's fault, but I ordered through an approved vendor, though it wasn't eligible for Prime shipping. Well, it never shipped by the stated date so I emailed them. They said sorry and for my trouble would expedite the shipping...uhmmm, nope that never happened either. Emailed them again, they said they would look into it and get back to me "asap" ...nope they didn't. Finally after 15 days I told them I was going to file a claim. I called Amazon, they helped me file the claim (for some reason I couldn't do on the website) and the next day I got an email from the approved vendor saying my order was lost and they would refund my money. Yay! :) but Boo no markers :( These were part of my bd present from my dear husband.

Anyway, I decided to reorder them directly from Amazon and so far so good-I got a notice saying they would be here tomorrow!!!!! Yay again! :)

On that happy note, I will say G'day Mates! (or however they say it in Australia)
blessings,
Kathy

2 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

LOVE that flower
beautiful

Holly Saveur said...

So in LOVE with this card..such a beauty..would love to get in for my B-day!!