Friday, May 30, 2014

Sympathy



Ha! It's not a watercolored card and it isn't a birthday card either!! I haven't made many sympathy cards but my daughter asked me if I would make some for her for a couple of work friends...sorry about the picture quality...I snapped this quickly with my phone's camera so I could sent it to her to see if it met her expectations. She loved it.

I was inspired by a card I found on Pinterest...where else?!...that was similar though the center circle was a script...I didn't care for it once I tried to replicate it so I chucked that idea and sponged in Worn Lipstick and Spiced Marmalade distress inks. The flower silhouette is from a Unity set I purchased several years ago called Insightful Meadow. The sentiment is from Papertreyink's Everyday Blessings. The card base is Papertreyink's Summer Sunrise card stock cut to the standard A2 size ( 4 1/4" by 11" and scored at 5 1/2")The focal panel is Papertreyink's white card stock cut slightly smaller than the card base. I took another piece of cardstock cut the same size as the focal panel and centered a Spellbinders circle die on it and cut it out with my Cuttlebug.

I taped the cut circle panel ontop of the focal piece and sponged in the two ink colors blending in the middle slightly. I stamped the floral silhouette in Ranger Archival black ink off to one side and then stamped the sentiment using the same black ink. Finally I used my Wink of Stella (though it doesn't show up in the photo) on the all the flower images. Really a very super easy card to make. Could easily mass produce this card...if I had to! :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend...maybe take some time to be crafty!

Blessings,
Kathy

2 comments:

Heather Humphrey said...

Looks beautiful!

Holly Saveur said...

Stunning card..made me buy the Unity stamp today!!!