Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Happy birthday



Here with yet another birthday card! and yes, it's watercolored!! I think I could watercolor my whole house...okay well maybe not but watercoloring cards is a blast. This card is my attempt at last Monday's Papertrey ink Make It Monday technique. Betsy Veldman...gosh that girl just knows how to make pretty things! I loved how easy this one was...but you know easy is very deceiving. In real life, doing easy can mean several attempts before I'm happy. Something about those water dots landing just right.

Anyway, had fun and now sitting here thanking the Lord for the rain! We need it so much and with Houston getting pounded it would seem like it was headed this way and then right before it got here, the dang system would just move on up to the north of us. Gee whiz! But this system headed right for us...I mean we are only 150 miles away...not that far. 

Okay enough of my weather report...gotta go pick up my dog from the groomer's...oh he's going to smell so good and look so good...for about a minute. I don't know how he manages it when he's an inside dog, but I tell ya, the minute he hits the living room carpet, he's rolling and wiggling til his coat is a fur ball mess again! And then he goes and drags out all his toys and throws them at my feet. I swear he's a boy in dog's clothing!!:)

Happy Tuesday,
Kathy

Ingredients:
Papertrey White card stock cut at 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 top folding
Papertrey Aqua Mist cardstock 
Strathmore mixed media paper
Papertrey Hibiscus Burst, Aqua Mist and Summer Sunrise ink
Ranger Archival black ink
Papertrey Meadow Greens stamp set-leaves
Hero Arts Sending Smiles-sentiment
Wink of Stella clear
Scor tape

2 comments:

June K said...

Very pretty, Kathy. You did a great job with Betsy's MIM.

Holly Saveur said...

STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!
soooo gorgeous SUPER card!
Hugs Holly.