Saturday, May 24, 2014

Hello There


Continuing to work with watercoloring, I was so inspired by Kristina Werner's watercolor card from the other day and oh how I wished I had those cute scribble stamps... but then I remembered I had something similar. A stamp set from SSS last year's Mother's day card kit called Best Mom Ever...okay so they're flowers but I think they substitute nicely!

Since my set didn't have a solid and a scribbled stamp for each size I just turned the stamp over and inked the back side. I followed (well mostly) Kristina's idea of rolling the stamp just on the outer edges on the ink pad, stamped it and then used my waterbrush to bring the color into the circle, making sure to keep the ink lighter towards the middle. Then after stamping and drying all my images, I turned the stamps over, inked them in the same color ink as the solid image and stamped them again. Once all my images were inked and I stamped my sentiment in Ranger Archival black ink...then I watercolored the background with Weather Wood distress ink.
Finally I took my waterbrush into the ink and splashed it onto my card. My focal image size is  3 1/2 wide by 4" long, the Berry Sorbet card stock behind the focal image is 3 3/4" wide by 4 1/4" tall and all that is mounted on a regular A2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2)  size card.

Well it's no Kristina Werner card but I like it!

Thanks for stopping by...Happy Memorial day!
Kathy

Ingredients:
Strathmore mixed media paper
Papertrey white and Berry Sorbet card stock
Papertrey Berry Sorbet, Melon Berry, Hisbiscus Burst and Simply Chartreuse ink
Tim Holtz Weathered Wood distress ink
Ranger Archival Black ink
Simonsaysstamp Best Mom Ever stamp set
Papertreyink Mini Blooms stamp set


1 comment:

Holly Saveur said...

LOVE it!!
so gorgeous!