Thursday, May 22, 2014

Happy Birthday



More watercoloring...this time in a small space....a Jill Foster inspired card. She did some stamping on a label shape a while back that was so beautiful I decided to give it a try.The way the label is placed makes it look like you're peeking into a garden.

Everything came together quite easily using the few distress markers I have. I have heard so many differing opinions on those markers that I was sure I would never buy them, but after receiving an Amazon gift certificate from my first-born daughter (Mother's day) I thought it would be a good time to try them, so I ordered a 5 pack. Oh I am so mad I didn't order these sooner, they're so wonderful!!!
Finished it off by brushing Wink of Stella in the center of the flowers and tracing the inside of the leaves.

Anyway, hope everyone has a fun and safe Memorial weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,
Kathy

Ingredients:
Hero Arts Carnation card stock cut to an A2 size...4 1/4 x 5 1/2
Authentique pattern paper strip 1" wide
Bazzill black card stock 1/4" wide
SU Labels collection 
Stampendous Floral stamp
Papertreyink Quilled Elegance sentiment
Ranger Archival black ink
Ranger Distress Markers- Worn Lipstick, Crushed Olive, Wild Honey and Vintage Photo
Wink of Stella- clear
Scotch foam adhesive

1 comment:

Holly Saveur said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card..so pretty and love the colors and the sentiment!
just love it!
hugs Holly.