Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Thank you


This card almost didn't happen. I had the focal panel all stamped, punched, and as I added the thank you sentiment... the stamp stuck to the paper and when I pulled it up I didn't have a great grip on the block. So you know what happens after that? A big mess is what happens! I dropped the block sentiment side down and it plopped directly onto my nice clean image, only it didn't just plop once, no, it bounced two times and left nice black smudges all over the right side of my panel!

I was already at my patience limits before this happened because I could not get the flowers to stamp completely...little tiny ink cubes just do not work well when stamping larger areas! This was my final attempt and it was looking sooo good...Well it just about ended up in the trash but I remembered my friend, Holly (she lives in the Netherlands) words about how she salvages everything and makes something else out of it and I just couldn't get my hand to toss it. Okay so take #14...or something like that...I decided to cut off the smudged part, punch the opposite side of the panel, cut out a banner with the sentiment on it and add the printed paper. 

Here's to you, Holly, for inspiring me to "salvage" my mistake!!

That's all from me today. It's a lovely, warmer, blue sky day here where I live and I'm so thankful for it. Love warm weather!!

Happy Wednesday,
Kathy

ps-forgot to mention that I got this card inspiration from the Papertrey Ink Gallery

Papertreyink products used:
Wildflower Garden stamp
Fillable Frames #5 sentiment
Sketched Shapes banner
Rustic White cs
Classic Kraft cs
Distress Dots pp
Terracotta Tile , Simply Chartreuse, and Harvest Gold inks
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
EK Success border punch


2 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a beautiufl card- love the colors

Holly Saveur said...

SO LOVE how it came all together!
I am sure it looks even better now then before...I love the left side with the sweet curves and the printed paper underneath it is...a beauty!
Glad you thought of me ...
Hugs Holly.