Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Christmas card!


Finally a real Christmas card...I have had so much trouble making one I like! This one is not a total favorite but it works. I do like the colors...not much into red for a card base and I don't have anything in the traditional green so I chose Lucky Limeade. I think that color goes very well with the Rustic White for the focal panel along with the Vintage Cream I used for Rustic Wreath and the pine bough, pine cones, etc. from the Wplus9 Merry and Bright set.
Talk about combining different stamp companies!

So the trouble with me is, I had totally pictured a tone on tone with the Rustic White as my card base and using only the Vintage Cream for all the components...should have checked my stash before deciding on that because I didn't have enough Rustic White to make all my cards. Dang it! Rustic White is probably my most fravorite (one of my kids words when they were little) of all cardstock for cards. I do use white a lot but Rustic White is just so...perfect! And I had such a perfect rustic card in mind...bother!

What about you? Can anyone relate to my dilemma? And what are the temps like where you are? It is a very windy, warm....37 degrees here and my poor dh is having to work in this weather. At least we're not having ice and lots of rain with it!

I feel very guilty getting to stay inside my toasty house...maybe I should open a window and let that windy coldness blow in while I craft so I can feel his pain...or not! hahaha

Hope you're inside staying warm.

Kathy

1 comment:

Holly Saveur said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this card so very Much Kathy it is gorgeous..love the wreath stamp you used...such a great combo with the pines and greenery...
Poor Bill maybe you could bring him a nice warm thing to drink and a warm coat?
it is cold here too ....